Open Enrollment Application Instructions
If a parent or guardian wishes to open enroll their child or children, they must:
- Complete an application
- Submit an application for each child in their family, and
- Send a copy of the application to both the resident and receiving school districts.
Current Open Enrolled Students
If a current open enrolled student would like to open enroll to a new school district, the parent or guardian must:
- File a new application with:
- The district the student is currently attending and open enrolled into (receiving district), and
- The resident district, and
- The district the student wants to attend; and
- Indicate on the application that the child is currently open enrolled and would like to open enroll to a new school district.
The new district (alternate receiving district) will notify the parent or guardian, the resident district, and the pervious district of acceptance or denial (281-IAC 17.8(4)).
For additional information visit the Iowa Department of Education website.