Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

Van Buren County CSD



Ajax Loading Image


Open Enrollment

Open Enrollment Application Instructions

Application Information 

If a parent or guardian wishes to open enroll their child or children, they must: 

  • Complete an application 
  • Submit an application for each child in their family, and 
  • Send a copy of the application to both the resident and receiving school districts. 

Current Open Enrolled Students

If a current open enrolled student would like to open enroll to a new school district, the parent or guardian must: 

  • File a new application with: 
    • The district the student is currently attending and open enrolled into (receiving district), and
    • The resident district, and
    • The district the student wants to attend; and 
  • Indicate on the application that the child is currently open enrolled and would like to open enroll to a new school district. 

The new district (alternate receiving district) will notify the parent or guardian, the resident district, and the pervious district of acceptance or denial (281-IAC 17.8(4)). 


For additional information visit the Iowa Department of Education website